*PLEASE REGISTER IN THE EVENT BRITE LINK HERE*
Whether you are looking for your next position or just wanting to improve your developing skills, OpenSource project collaboration tools are critical for success.
In this workshop you'll learn to work as a "real" developer and understand how to collaborate with other developers using Git and Github. Afterwards, the 'commit', 'push' and 'conflict' will be no mystery!
In 2 hours, we will
Learning the Basics:
- Install git and create a first repository
- Introduce us to the use of file versions
- Understanding the branch system and introduce the notion of workflow
Once we've got the basics, we'll create a Github account, and start collaborating.
Come and find out how Git hub can help you use Open source, but also how the right profile will help impress recruiters and technical managers?
Finally, we will use the GitHub service to deploy your code !
In the program:
• Understand how to collaborate with other developers through git
• Learn about the Open-Source contribution on Github
• Host a static site on Github
To enjoy the experience while practicing coding, BRING YOUR LAPTOP FULLY CHARGED and install these apps before the workshop:
• Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/)
• Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/)
• Git (https://git-scm.com/) (PC only)
• Create a GitHub account (https://github.com/) to save time!
This workshop is for all levels of coders and yes, beginner are welcome.
Developers.institute's Bootcamp is exactly what you need.
In 12 weeks we will teach you everything you need in order to unlock your spot in one of the fastest-growing industries in Israel. Developers.institute is Intensive, Immersive, and Highly selective.
We are not looking for technical beast, we are looking for talent with high potential
About Tech Heights by Gvahim
Gvahim's answer to the critical shortage of skilled engineers in Israel, Tech Heights is the newest of our career development programs. Tech Heights provides to new immigrants and returning citizens in the engineering professions the necessary tools to enter successfully the Israeli Hi-Tech industry.
The program includes: professional HR consultations, webinars about the Israeli Hi-Tech industry, adaptation of the CV to the local market, interview coaching and job search strategies, tailored job offers directly from the Gvahim network and a business Hebrew ulpan.